Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My daughter makes me nervous

So, I've decided to blog...why people want to read about other peoples lives?? But why not read about mine :)..
Today was my daughter's Thanksgiving lunch held inside her classroom. All the parents were invited to attend and bring food. After getting their food & sitting at their tables to eat it got rather quite in the classroom.
Anyone who knows Mac understands that she has this "gift". A gift to speak whatever is on her mind. A gift that I often worried about when she was small.
There was the time that she was being held by a sweet, sweet lady at Christmas dinner. The lady was talking to her and inquiring about what she liked to do, etc. and then it came. Mac announced to everyone that,"...your breath is stank". I could have crawled under a rock. I'm certain that my face turned 47 shades of red and well, I was speechless. On the way home, I was trying to explain to Mac that you don't always say everything that you think, EVEN if it's true. But, then I was interrupted by my "freedom finding" husband who replied, "I think it's a good thing that she speaks her mind, blah, blah, blah. "
Then there was the time she announced to everyone at my birthday party that, "we ain't got no toilet paper at my house!".
And let's not forget about the time that she told the story to a table full of guests that included the punchline, "I have an affliction in my loins"...
So, I've found myself trying to steer a very vocal female in the ways of, "just whisper in my ear before you say it", kinda way.
Then today, she leans over and whispers in my ear, "Mom, my butt is growling", and while I'm laughing and trying to tell my husband what she has said, I hear her yelling out across the room, "Taylor, where is yo' daddy at today? and Amanda you said YOUR mother was a...."
I left her there with her freedom finding Daddy!!!

And then tonight while having our creative team meeting, I go to the kitchen to get me a drink & she stands on her chair and announces that, "my momma gots the toots!".


8 comments:

Dori Gilliam said...

Amy, you are such a blessing! I totally understand the Star Wars craziness since I have three boys totally into it. Yes, that includes my husband. If they are not watching something Star Wars related, they play Lego Star Wars. Since I am the only female next to one of the dogs (the other is a boy), you go into our garage and see three dirt bikes and none of which are pink. I thank God for Christian friends like you because you are so real and that is awesome! Love the blog, Dori

Krista said...

Woo hoo! Amy has a blog! You're such a great writer, so everyone's going to love the insight into your daily life. Now I won't feel so far away from you... :)

Jacque S. said...

LOVE IT!!!! absolutely love it!

lisapope said...

I love McKinley because it's the fact that she makes you nervous that makes me so ecstatic....It's hell-ariours:)

Unknown said...

Amy-
You need to make sure you write all this down. She might inspire you to become a famous author someday. We miss you guys. There's a big hole here only you can fill.
Love ya,
Carol

Carry Grace said...

How funny! We are leaning that Cade is quite vocal too. Isn't it fun!

I'm glad to know that you have a blog now.

Carry Grace said...

I guess I can't type. That should say learning, not leaning.

Sherry said...

She reminds me so much of you as a child!! You had a hard time keeping your mouth closed too!! Too funny!!!