Saturday, November 20, 2010

Time...

Looking back at my blog tonight I realized a few things:
1. It's been a year! WHAT?! How on earth has a year past since my last post? How did this happen? I know in my mind I've posted thousands of entries, I guess they just never made it to the page. I also started a journal/memory/book thingy on my computer. I have always wanted to keep a journal for my kids to read when they get older. I also wanted somewhere to write down my thoughts in areas that I am struggling through and things that helped me get through them. I figure once I've been through the fire...might as well help someone else when they pass through. So that has taken some time and energy away from my blog too.
2. My last post was about working out, training, Zumba, gym - gosh, I'm tired just thinking about all that!
I realized that it has now been a year since my feet started hurting. Ouch :( I started working out and exercising to feel better because we all know that everyone says, "if you want to feel better you need to exercise". BahHumBug!
I have had such enormous pain at times since working out that sometimes I could barely walk. I went to doctors, got injections, stretched muscles, therapy, you name it. One guy even said, "just don't do what you did when they started hurting". REALLY, You think?
I do realize that exercise is good. Just not for my heels. So would anyone like to tell me what cardio exercise doesn't involve moving your heels?
3. I realize that my kids are getting older, and I don't like it! What the cuss?! Where has time gone? As much as I would love to spend more time blogging, if given the choice between that and spending time with my kids...yep, you guessed it. Another reason why it's been a year. But as with most all my posts, they are written in the wee hours of the night after the "tuck-ins and good night kisses".
4. I realize that I have just a little more knowledge of being the woman of God, wife, mother, pastor's wife, daughter, sister, & friend that I am called to be. For me to gain knowledge is for me to find treasure.

Maybe I will do better this time around. But if not, you'll know that I'm enjoying the ride~

3 comments:

Violet Alexander said...

thanks for sharing your thoughts...they always make me smile!!!! miss you guys!
Violet

Krista said...

You're back! Like I can talk...I think I posted about once every other month this year. :) Love you and can't wait to read what happens next!

Jacque S. said...

Swimming. Best excersize for you but you hate water on your face so I guess that's out too :)