Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh, I'm sorry this gift doesn't have my name on it...

This week has been a week of realizing our gifts & NOT realizing our gifts! :)
Someone told Stacy that most all church planters are "B" students. They can do just about anything, and do it good. "B" students are well rounded and can make it happen. They can have an idea or solution for just about anything.
BUT it's about us "B" students finding those "A" students to use their gift in their area. I've found this week that I don't want to know about how to design a website. I could care less about governmental paperwork. Forms, policies, & designs are wearing me out. I want a logo that when I look at it I say, "wow, I like that". Period.
Someone said to me last night, "well, why don't you just design it". They know me. They know I'm a perfectionist. But I'm a "B" student. I can lift the lid on an "A" student to use their gift, so that they are fulfilling their God given purpose.
I'm not going to lose sight of my "A" student ability...loving people.

"I had to settle in my heart that I was going to love the people more than I loved my ministry.”


I'm sorry this gift doesn't have my name on it, but I'll help you unwrap it.

No comments: