Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Somehow I just know it will be brighter...

I can't wait... we are putting up the tree tonight!! We usually put it up the day after Thanksgiving or the weekend before Thanksgiving, but since we moved we didn't have room to bring it all with us on the first trip down. So now our front porch is full of boxes and tubs of Christmas decorations. I guess we might look like the "Clampits" but I refuse to bring it in until "I'm ready".
Call it my childhood curse but I guess I just believe that the house has to be clean & perfect before we trash it with all the boxes and tinsel, stray needles and glitter.
I have to work by my system.
Of course, the clothes have to be washed. Who can put up a tree without all the clothes being cleaned? And the dishes...well, we just might need to use the kitchen sink, for um, um, something or another...And we must sweep and mop to insure every light works properly. And whoever heard of not vacuuming before you drag it all in off the dirty front porch?
But someway, somehow I just KNOW that it will all be brighter in my nice clean house :)

No comments: