Monday, March 9, 2009

Husband vs. Food

Today was one of 'those' kind of Mondays.
I was cut off 3 times while trying to call our local newspaper to let them know that our church ad which has already been paid for, was not being put in the paper. They have missed it 3 times now. Not including the 3 whole weeks that they messed it up. The same newspaper that for the last month can not find our drive way if it was Hollywood Boulevard and continue to leave our paper at our neighbors house down the street.
I went to quickly buy stamps at the local office supply which turned out to be a never ending ordeal. First, I just want a book of stamps. "ok, that will be $ 8.40" Paid for it, done deal. She opens the drawer..."I'm sorry we only have rolls, do you want one of those?" - WELL, I guess if that's all you got! 42 freakin' dollars later!! the register crashes in the middle of the 3rd transaction, because you see she had to exchange my book for a roll and then, blah, blah, blah.
THEN by this time, I'm hungry. Now, you have to understand how things get when I'm hungry. There is no love. There is no patience. There is no reasoning. Only wrath. The wrath of Amy.
My husband has asked me to call him when I'm ready to eat so he can meet me. But now I find that the church office number is down. Called it like 300 times. BUSY. Hate that sound. Problem with the local phone company.
So, I have to chose - FOOD or HUSBAND. Atlanta Bread was really good, it hit the spot.
Hope your Monday was better than mine :0)

2 comments:

Jacque S. said...

SO HILARIOUS...I MEAN.I'M SORRY YOU HAD TO GO THROUGH THAT BUT...THANKS FOR SHARING!

Krista said...

This had me cracking up laughing...I feel like I've been having a month of Mondays like this one, so it's nice to know I'm not the only one!

I miss you!