Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm not moving this weekend, bummer

Ok, some people might find this a little upsetting so let me warn you now before you read any further. If you have a weak stomach or have a heart the size of Texas for ANY kind of animal you might not want to read my blog today. And for those that just can't believe that I'm actually telling people this story...well, it happens.
LAST Thursday while my husband was at worship practice the kids & I are enjoying a show on Nick. Graham starts cutting the cheese. Of course we holler and threaten him but end up laughing. Then later it happens again, but this time he doesn't admit that it's him. And the smell just lingers. It will not go away. It gets so bad that I have to get up and leave the room. Miles & Mac have gotten up and left. Mac comes back with the Febreeze. Now we have a Febreeze smelling fart. Not good.
The smell just seems to get worse and worse. Then Mac announces that the smell is coming from the vent in the floor. OH NO!
To describe the smell at this point, I would say "raw sewage".
So Stacy comes home and walks in the door and the first thing he says is "What did you cook?" Now at this point I have had the windows and doors open already and the smell is still that bad so I'm not sure what THAT meant.
I told him he had to go see what was wrong. He suits up and goes under the house and finds nothing!!
Friday he makes a few calls and then the "sucker upper" people come. They put tubes in the air vents to suck out whatever is in them. At this point we know that one of those cute little tiny mice have come to haunt us for catching one of their buddies from the woods out back. Then they do some ozone treatment to the air so we can breathe again.
I've been gone all day Friday. I come home and immediately say, "it still stinks". But my merciful husband says,"just give it some time to clear out it will get better."
Well, long story short, today is Tuesday and I broke down this morning. I had enough. It's getting hotter outside. We can not keep leaving the windows and doors open. We need some AC. I can not stand it any longer. The smells have changed. I have changed!
So, once again THE HUSBAND goes under the house with only these instructions..."Do not come back in this house until you find what ever it is OR I'm moving!!!"
I was looking forward to moving to a house with some land, but I guess we'll have to stay here a little while longer.
The only thing we can figure is this...
He put on a new door that leads under the house in the fall. Well, apparently in the process something got inside and when the door was closed and locked... he was trapped. Our first clue should have been our dog Tess because where he was living was the EXACT spot that she would just go to and bark at for no reason. It was a bare corner in the bathroom. She would go there and bark and just sit and stare in the corner for hours. She would jump off the bed in the middle of the night and go bark at the corner.
Anyways, he lived in our insulation all winter. What he ate, I have no idea. But he ain't eating anymore. That may be why he died. He ate everything there was to eat. I'm wondering how the pest control guys didn't find him...they go under the house. Obviously not good enough tho'.
So, Stacy is going through the insulation and I'm yelling from inside the house, "the smell is over to the right!!!" (while I'm gagging, but hey I wanted to do my part)
He said the insulation looked like a tyrannosaurus had ripped through it. Then he turns and sees fur. Immediately he thinks squirrel. He's holding a bag under it and then it drops into the bag with such force that it scares even him.
He takes it out back to bury it but the suspense is killing him. He has to know. Is this the mother of all squirrels?
No, it's a...
Possum. EEEEEEEEEECCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!!! -Aubrey